MemberPress recently launched the gifting feature.
For a few weeks, users were asking about this feature in this MemberPress.
Finally, MemberPress listened to its audience and included a gifting add-on to MemberPress.
In this article, we will discuss this gifting feature in MemberPress.
This gifting add-on is available to all users of Plus and Pro packages of MemberPress.
Benefits Of Adding Gifting Feature To Membership Site
These are the advantages of adding gifting add on to your membership business
Using this new feature you can sell more memberships.
- As it is a new feature to your membership business you can include this in your marketing campaign. Users will attract by this new feature and you can sell more memberships to your audience. This new feature is a game-changer in your marketing campaign.
- When your audience make a purchase of this gift, you will get the email addresses of the giftee and gifter.
- It will give access to a fresh audience.
Some Other Features Of Gift Add-On Of MemberPress
- Whenever the customer takes the membership as a gift then the membership automatically generates a personalized email from the gifter.
- It will provide the gift membership expiration alerts. So that you can be alert before it expiring and you can do the renewal from time to time without losing it.
- Whenever you purchase a gift membership, a MemberPress account will be created for you automatically. Users can copy the gift link from this account. He can resend the gift email and he can check whether this gift redeemed or not.
Are Basic Users Have The Chance To Use This Addon?
There is no access to this gifting add-on feature for basic members.
Basic members have to upgrade to pro or plus plan to get this gifting add-on feature of MemberPress.
This is the best time for basic users to upgrade their licenses with MemberPress.
How To Install MemberPress Gifting Add On?
First, you have to log in to your WordPress dashboard as usual.
Then you have to look left sidebar and click on the MemberPress. After that, you have to click on the Add-ons.
Then it will load the Add-ons page.
You have to scroll the page and have to go to the gifting section as shown below.
For the first time, you click on the Install add-on button and have to install this gifting add-on.
After installation, you have to activate this gifting add-on of MemberPress.
There you can find two options.
One is status. It will show active if the add-on is in running mode. It will show deactivate if the add-on is in the off mode.
The next option is Active/Deactivate. This is the toggle button.
You can on or off this button to Activate or Deactivate the add-on respectively.
If you want to off this gifting add-on just toggle this button to deactivate mode.
How To Setup This Gifting Add On Of MemberPress?
After the creation of membership, go to MemberPress » Memberships » Membership options.
There you have to check the box “allow this membership to be gifted” as shown below.
Then update the membership settings.
Now membership will get the option to be sold on the registration page as shown below.
After the user filling the registration form and checks the box, it will ask to send an email to the gifted membership’s recipient.
After the successful registration, the coupon will be created under MemberPress > Coupons page with the format GIFT-XXXX...
Note: If the user purchases recurring membership of MemberPress then the gift will be valid for the first cycle after that subscription will expire.
Note: It cannot be gifted if you set up free memberships.
Note: If the user opted for the gifted subscription then all the trial periods will be overridden.
How To Send Gift Email?
Once the user opted for gifted membership then they will get one pop-up to fill the form with details of From (Name), To (Name), To (Email Address), and note fields as shown below.
Once the user submits this form, an email will be sent to the recipient to redeem the gifted subscription.
This gifting add-on option will available only for pro and plus plans only.
The basic users have to upgrade their license and this is the best time to upgrade your MemberPress basic license. Or if you are not using it yet, I think you should.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any questions let me know in the comments.